Hi, I’m Jess!
Data Analyst & Occasional Web Designer
A highly analytical and process-oriented Data Analyst with over 2 years industry experience in data analysis and interpretation, process-improvement and data visualisation.
Design and Development
What I’m Interested In.
Technology has been disrupting the way we work, life and function for many years now. We are collecting more data than we know what to make use of. I’m interested in Data Analysis to help us make better decisions and empower us in everything that we do.
Data in a spreadsheet can only be so useful. Sometimes we need to bring the data to life through visualising it in some form of reporting solution whether that be Excel, Python or Business Intelligence Software. It enables us to easily spot trends and see the data as a whole instead of a single row of data. It helps give us context.
Web Design & Development
My internet hideout
Sometimes I Write.
We have entered a New Year and New Decade so it's time to look forward to what 2020 and the next 10 years has to offer. Reflecting on the Past This has been an interesting year, and brought some major changes in my life both positive and negative. Here's a quarter by...
Just in time for the start of a new decade - I've revamped my personal website and cannot wait to start posting blog content and new data projects that I embark on. I'll be writing 2019 in review in time for New Years and can't wait to share some big news happening...
We All Start Somewhere.
Elysium Healthcare - Information Analyst
January 2018 to Present
Elysium Healthcare is a provider of mental health, neurological, rehabilitation, complex care and education private hospitals across the UK. Working within a team of 5 analysts delivering reporting solutions across the organisation.
- Evaluating complex data sets in order to identify, analyse and interpret trends and patterns.
- Analysing requirements and conducting research on where to acquire data for the reporting request.
- Querying multiple data sources in T-SQL in order to build out reports in Excel, SSRS or Power BI.
- Reviewing reports to ensure data accuracy and facilitating communication between end-users and the data integrity team for improved compliance.
- Collaborating with team and management to prioritise requirements and assess opportunities for process improvement
Europcar - UK Leisure Pricing Analyst
August 2017 to January 2018
Europcar is a market leader and global brand in the car rental industry. Working within Revenue & Commercial Management, responsible for delivering optimised pricing solutions to meet revenue targets for inbound and domestic markets.
- Reporting on competitor pricing to enable Europcar to price strategically dependant on seasonality, car type, location, point of sale and length of rental.
- Continuously monitoring and adjusting the pricing strategy to meet revenue targets and strategic goals.
- Analysing comprehensive reports looking at supply vs demand, fleet and historical location performance.
- Implementing pricing changes based on comprehensive data and adjusting to real-time changes.
- Support marketing with development of promotional product offerings.
Data Technology - Consultant
May 2017 to August 2017
Data Technology is a provider of Business Intelligence and B2B Solutions. Joined the internal sales team, responsible for lead generation.
- Developing extensive campaigns across multiple industries and creating messaging to target key stakeholders across the organisation
- Expanding existing client accounts whilst working closely with account managers
- Data Building – Developing datasets by scraping multiple resources
Before and During University
Hipparchus Financial (June 2015 to April 2017) – Recruitment Consultant
The Chat Shop (October 2013 to June 2015) – Outbound Sales / Live Chat Agent
Testing Circle (September 2012 to August 2013) – Recruitment Consultant
MeetingPoint Global (September 2011 to September 2012) – Administrative Assistant